Our experts have gone a step further and personally selected the top 10 best Ethereum casinos. To do so they have carefully analyzed every tiny detail, thus ensuring that their bonuses, games, payment options, and security features all stand out at the current iGaming market.
How We Ranked Ethereum Casinos
Online casinos have been around for almost two decades now. However, there’s a new sheriff in town, and his name is crypto. Crypto online casinos are gambling sites that accept cryptocurrencies as a payment method and are therefore particularly interesting for owners or traders of cryptocurrencies.
Among the most popular cryptocurrencies is the Ether, which is accepted in more and more online casinos. But what exactly is behind the virtual currency, what distinguishes these casinos and what do you have to pay attention to if you want to play in an Ethereum online casino for the first time?
The answers to these questions and other facts about Ethereum casinos can be found in the following guide.
How did these ETH casinos make it to our list? Are there any criteria we follow?
As our goal is to be 100% honest with you, we are going to share below our criteria and requirements to best evaluate Ethereum casinos in 2022:
- Licensing & Security: As our priority is your security, we always make sure that the casinos we choose are the safest in the industry. Which is why all of the ones you’ll see are properly licensed and employ the most advanced security measures to protect their players.
- Game Selection: We are all about great game selections. That’s why we want the best software providers as well. Both they and the casino itself should offer a wide selection of genres, using RNG software and seals of approval from independent testing agencies such as eCOGRA.
- Bonus Selection: As it is mostly about choosing a new casino, it is also important to know what they are able to give us. In this case, it is necessary to be able to receive all kinds of bonuses when depositing with ETH. Therefore, only casinos that offer welcome bonuses, cashback, free spins, no deposit bonuses, and many more are valid.
- Payment Methods: Apart from Ethereum, it is often convenient to have other reliable payment methods. Among them there should be e-Wallets, prepaid cards, instant banking methods, and traditional debit and credit cards.
- Mobile Availability: In 2022 it is essential that all ETH casinos also have an Instant Play Casino or a native app. Therefore, our reviews are always done on all possible platforms to ensure that we can bring our games and bonuses on the go.
- Customer Support: Finally, you must receive the necessary and professional assistance in any casino. That’s why we immediately contact the customer support team, trying out different languages and methods of communication with them.
Top Ethereum Casinos Comparison
When choosing the best Ethereum casinos, there are a few things to consider. The first thing to look at is, of course, whether the casino supports the ability to make deposits and withdrawals in ETH.
Does it offer “Provably Fair” games? When it comes to online gambling, it is a difficult task to assess the trustworthiness of a casino. However, thanks to the Provably Fairness system, trust can be replaced by mathematical evidence.
The casino should offer games where players can always check every outcome for fairness and deception is practically impossible.
Another factor is the level of fees. Very high fees can cut into your winnings. So you’re better off choosing a platform that takes only a fraction of your profits. And the platform operates with money: Does it also have a license to do so?
A licensed platform evokes more trust from players than a non-licensed one. By having a license, you can also make sure that you are dealing with a proper casino and not a scam.
Additionally, you should be on the lookout for promotional prizes on offer. Some platforms offer promotional prizes to new players, others do not. And most importantly of course, look closely at what games are being offered. The more games, the better.
What is Ethereum (ETH)?
Ethereum is a kind of blockchain-based decentralized computing platform. This platform is supported by millions of computers that are used to create a blockchain of transactions, which in turn are very secure as they are stored on all computers simultaneously.
The Ethereum blockchain, just like Bitcoin, is a publicly viewable ledger that contains all the transactions of the currency it supports, which in this case is called Ether.
This cryptocurrency, like all others, is used for online payments and is presented in a peer-to-peer format. It was launched in 2015 and has grown in size and value around the world in the relatively short time it has been in existence.
There are several similarities between Ether and other cryptocurrencies, not the least of which is that they can be used to a large extent for online gambling. There are a growing number of websites that accept Ether, and there are some websites that only accept cryptocurrencies for payments, shunning traditional FIAT currency options.
If there is one thing that cannot be highlighted yet, it is the availability of Ethereum in online casinos. It is true that over the last two years that has changed a lot, but it remains as a ‘niche’ payment method in iGaming.
However, more and more online casinos are being encouraged to offer cryptocurrencies as payment methods – due to fierce competition in 2022.
Therefore, it is now even easy to find legendary casinos that are starting to offer deposits and withdrawals with Ethereum and many of them are now offering cryptocurrencies as payment methods.
Compared to the dollar, the pound, or the euro, volatility can be the nemesis for cryptocurrency newbies. In an ideal world, all iGaming players are cryptocurrency experts – although that’s not the case.
Therefore, it is necessary to study and know in advance the volatility of cryptocurrencies. It is true that Ethereum is among the most stable, but that does not take away the fact that it is more dangerous when making withdrawals than fiat money.
Are Casinos Accepting Ethereum Safe?
Regardless of which payment methods an online casino offers, its reliability is determined by other factors. To find a safe Ethereum online casino, it is first important to look at the licenses. These provide a first and the most important indication of the seriousness of a casino.
With regard to Ethereum casinos, looking at the licenses is particularly important. If you fall for a black sheep when playing in conventional casinos, in many cases you have the possibility to get your money back via the payment service provider.
Unfortunately, this is not the case with Ether, which is why caution is particularly important. If you transfer the virtual currency to a casino without a license, the chances are slim that you will ever see your money again.
Benefits of Ethereum Gambling
The first essential aspect that speaks for an Ethereum online casino is the security of the currency itself. Since Ether is based on a blockchain generated by countless users around the globe using their computer power, it is tamper-proof.
This can be justified by the fact that all parts of a blockchain can be viewed and traced. If there are any discrepancies, they will be noticed immediately.
On the other hand, a block that has already been completed cannot be changed. For this reason, the only risk factor of an Ethereum casino is the wallet in which you deposit your virtual currency.
This is a comparable access, as you may know it from the e-wallets, as they are also offered outside of the Ethereum casinos in conventional online casinos in many variants. Basically, it can be said that the wallet is your virtual wallet for the Ether.
Only if someone gains unauthorized access to your wallet – for example, by cracking your password – are your Ether at risk. From this point of view, there is hardly any payment method that is ultimately more secure than the Ether, or comparable cryptocurrencies.
Downsides of Using Ethereum for Gambling
Probably the most serious downside is not found in the Ethereum casinos themselves, but in terms of the currency. While Ether is considered one of the most successful and widely used cryptocurrencies after Bitcoin, the differences are still significant.
Even though there are more and more possibilities to use the Bitcoin as a payment method in online stores as well, this can only be said about the Ether to a limited extent. In direct comparison with the Bitcoin, it is only not yet widely used.
When choosing an Ethereum casino, you have to pay attention to the other offers. Nevertheless, it should be noted at this point that it is not difficult to find a good Ethereum online casino with an extensive range of games.
Besides, you may have to expect transaction costs. In most cases, these do not arise when depositing or withdrawing money to or from an Ethereum online casino. Rather, fees are due when the Ether is exchanged for euros or vice versa.
How to Gamble with Cryptocurrencies?
Crypto casinos that are well-versed in this crypto universe usually follow one of two common principles. The first option is considered to be pure gambling providers, which are focused on crypto games.
In these special games on the blockchain, players can enjoy fair games only. The other option involves hybrid Ethereum casino providers.
These usually have a more balanced range of games. Here, wholly fair crypto games mix with the most popular casino titles in the industry.
Overall, gambling with cryptocurrencies offers many options for players. Whether they prefer simple crypto action or high-quality new releases, everything is available.
What Are the Differences Between Bitcoin and Ethereum?
Especially since the significant price increase in 2017, Ether literally shot through the roof. With the growing awareness and associated certainty about the stability of the coin, more and more companies in the iGaming industry became aware of Ethereum.
Meanwhile, the token is actually a very good alternative to BTC, as there are numerous ETH casinos that operate both reliably and fairly.
In terms of network transaction speed, Ethereum is even much more attractive for the crypto scene than Bitcoin. While a Bitcoin transaction can take over 10 minutes, the system Ethereum is built on speeds up the process to 15 seconds! On top of that, ETH is one of the most stable coins.
Depositing & Withdrawing at a Ethereum Casino
To fund your ETH casino account, this is what you’ll have to do:
- Choose a Casino that Accepts Ethereum: You can pay attention to the online casinos we talked about earlier in this article.
- Create an Account: It is important to provide real personal information so that all payments are processed correctly.
- Cashier: Go to your personal account and open the Cashier section.
- Choose Ethereum: If there is no Ethereum wallet or not enough money on it, you need to fix it. We will explain how to do that in the next section.
- The Casino Number: Wait until the casino issues an online casino wallet number, copy this number and go to your ETH wallet page.
- Copy & Paste: On the personal ETH page, you need to enter or paste the copied casino wallet number.
- Confirmation: Confirm the transfer of funds from your Ethereum wallet to the casino wallet.
If an online casino offers Ethereum as a winnings withdrawal, you can benefit from it straight away. To receive winnings with ETH, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Log in to the online casino and go to your personal account.
- Open the cashier section, click on ‘Cash Out’ and then select ETH.
- Enter the withdrawal amount.
- Log in to the crypto exchange where your personal ETH wallet is located and copy its number.
- Return to the online casino and enter your ETH wallet number.
- Confirm Payment.
Players who have not yet gone through the withdrawal confirmation process must identify themselves before confirming the withdrawal. To maintain security, the casino will not pay out any winnings to players who have not identified themselves.
Once the player confirms the withdrawal to ETH, the casino staff will accept the request for processing. If the check does not reveal any inconsistencies or errors in the request, the money will be paid out as soon as possible.
How to Buy Ethereum Using PayPal?
What still might seem strange to many PayPal users, is actually a very easy procedure. Since the end of 2020, the giant e-Wallet called PayPal has started offering the buying and selling of cryptocurrencies.
The only thing you need to do to buy Ethereum with PayPal is to have an account created. Once you have it active, you just have to choose ETH as the preferred cryptocurrency, buy the desired amount, and confirm the purchase.
Buy Ethereum Using a Credit Card
Perhaps a slightly more complicated procedure than with PayPal is the purchase of Ethereum with your usual debit or credit card.
Keep in mind that in this case, several credit card companies or even the exchange platform may block transactions.
In the United States for example, most large credit card issuers do not allow any transactions with cryptocurrencies. Others even penalize cardholders with fees.
Connecting Your Ethereum Wallet to an Online Casino
The beauty of using Ethereum in an online casino is that it is much easier than you might think. You don’t even have to connect your Ethereum Wallet to your online casino.
The whole process is done through the keys. That means that each player is much more responsible when it comes to making transactions, but that has its advantages as well.
Basically, using the keys of both the casino and the player allows for almost absolute control of the transactions. And don’t forget that it also massively increases the speed of deposits and especially withdrawals.
How to Use Ethereum at Online Casinos?
By visiting ETH casino, players will not notice any difference from a regular casino. The only major difference and game changer is that Ethereum will be one of the main payment options. To use Ethereum at online casinos and play right away, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Register on the ETH Gambling Site: Once you’ve chosen one of our recommended Ethereum casinos, you’ll need to fill out a new player form and log in with your username and password.
- Buy Ethereum: On the crypto exchange, you can create an account and an ETH wallet. Then you need to choose a way to fund your account, buy coins and return to the online casino.
- Make an Ethereum Deposit: In your personal account, you must select Ethereum as the deposit method and enter the deposit amount considering the casino’s minimum deposit amount. The system will output the casino wallet number to which you need to transfer from your Ethereum account. You need to confirm the payment and wait for it to be processed.
- Withdraw Winnings: When you decide to claim a casino withdrawal, you must go to your personal casino account and select the “Withdraw” tab. Then, you need to select the Ethereum method, enter the amount and your crypto wallet number, and confirm the transaction.
Ethereum Casino Bonuses
Let’s see briefly what are the most popular bonuses in ETH casinos in 2022:
- Welcome Bonus: This will always be the most common and used bonus in the industry. Basically it is the first offer you will receive as a new player. It can include a deposit bonus, cashback, free spins, and even a no deposit bonus.
- No Deposit Bonus: If you don’t want to risk your money – or in this case, your ETH – then get a no deposit bonus. This is free money given to you by the casino, in exchange for complying with the bonus conditions.
- Cashback: If you lose your wagers, then you get a percentage back. That’s how easy cashback bonuses work. Moreover, this type of bonus is usually connected to better bonus conditions most of the time.
- VIP Program: By depositing with Ethereum you will not lose the right to become a VIP player. Loyal players of good casinos will always receive better perks, such as exclusive bonuses and VIP treatment.
How to Play Ethereum Casinos
Although the name clearly highlights Ethereum, the way the cryptocurrency is played with is identical to all the others.
It is true that some games will directly use the Ethereum exchange rate instead of the usual currency of your country. Still, that shouldn’t be a problem, since at the end: you’re paying with Ethereum.
This means that you will be able to play both progressive jackpot slots and live dealer games, without Ethereum limiting you to anything. What we do recommend is that you always pay attention to special perks for using Ethereum – such as bonuses or exclusive games.
Tips & Tricks for Paying with Ethereum (ETH)
There is not too much to consider when paying at Ether casinos. As long as appropriate ETH funds are available on one of the popular wallets and the casino accepts the payment method, a deposit can be done in a heartbeat. Nevertheless, players should take these tips to heart:
- Compare providers with ETH bonus
- Setting your own payment limits is recommended for reasons of gambling addiction prevention
- The 2-factor authorization is often adjustable in crypto casinos and additionally secures payments as well as personal data
- ETH casinos that convert the coins into real money can also be worthwhile
Pure crypto casinos have the advantage that they do not only provide a small selection of slots – as there are real money sites that have integrated their own Bitcoin games section.
We have studied everything there is about Ethereum casinos in 2022 and would like to share our impressions from reviewing some of the main aspects.
The first thing we noticed was the advantage of using Ethereum as a deposit method in an online casino. This method has a number of advantages over standard payment methods and even surpasses Bitcoin in some criteria. With Ethereum, you can make transactions as fast as possible and with a minimal commission.
Casinos with Ethereum deposit method offer players more games than casinos with other payment methods. Besides online slots, progressive jackpot games, table games, and live dealer games, ETH Casino has some very special games in its collection.
Last but not least, Ethereum casinos offer players welcome deposit bonuses. After funding an account at an online casino with ETH, a player can expect to receive a special crypto bonus from the casino and, in some cases, free spins.
Tell me the best way to start an Ethereum casino?
The best way to get started in an Ethereum casino is with the ETH wallet ready and choosing the best Ethereum casino out there. Also, before you start, make sure you get the most spectacular bonus to enjoy the crypto gambling ride even more.
Tell me the best way to buy Ethereum from a crypto exchange?
There are plenty of ways to acquire Ethereum from a crypto exchange. However, our favorite method is PayPal, since it is also a heavyweight among online casino payment methods (and because it is very easy to buy ETH with PayPal).
Which is the best Ethereum casino for me?
It depends on your likings, needs, and preferences. Every player is different, and that's why you have to know what you want from an Ethereum casino. Still, to help you in your selection, we've chosen the top 10 for 2022 in our list above.
Is Ethereum casino legal?
You can play 100% legally with Ethereum at the various online casinos. Moreover, Ethereum casinos have a reputation for being very secure platforms - always complying with the regulations of the various gambling authorities' licenses.